The History of DAHS and Our Team Name

Our school was established in 1916 and while it may not seem like much, it happens to be a great school for everyone in the community. 

 

In the late 1919’s our team was known as the “County Stealers”. Then in the 1920’s they had started to be referred to as “Blue and White”. That had stuck for a few years until in 1932, Norman Ward, had picked a nickname for the team. He had chosen to call the team, “Blue Devils”. While the name had never been officially called our title at that time, it had been phased in and stuck all these years later. 

All information from, The History of Lisbon Sports Volume 1: Football 1906-1986 by Theodore H. Edwards