The Students' Voice

DAHS Class of 2019 Top 10

Back to Article
Back to Article

DAHS Class of 2019 Top 10

Lisbon’s senior class is a great group of young people who are ready to begin their lives outside of our school and are likely to be very successful. The Top Ten are some of the best students to be produced by Lisbon. There are 14 students in total.

#1. Kathryn Chludzinski is the daughter of Bill and Crissy Chludzinski. She participates in cross country, Key Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, theatre stage crew, NHS, NTHS, and Drug-Free Club of America. She is a US Presidential Scholar semi-finalist, and was awarded the Presidential Volunteer Service Award. She plans to go to college at YSU for mechanical engineering. Her favorite quote is “Never deny knowledge.”

#1. Joshua Entrikin is the son of Jamie and Lisa Entrikin. He participates in NHS, Chess Club, Science Club, Academic Challenge, Excel Club, golf, baseball, Key Club, and is a mentor at McKinley. He was awarded an honorable mention for EOAC in golf and he was a delegate to Boys State in 2018. Josh’s plans for college are to go to YSU for civil engineering in the fall of 2019. His favorite quote is “I choose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

#1. Marisa Spooner is the daughter of Scott and Tiffany Spooner. She participates in track, cross country, Key Club, Spanish Club, Art Club, Physics Olympics, and NHS. Marisa plans to study to become an algebra teacher at OSU. Her favorite quote is “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

#2. Katelyn Haifley is the daughter of John and Charlotte Haifley. She participates in cross country, basketball, track, NHS, Key Club, Just Say No Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, and Art Club. Katelyn was a delegate to Girls State and plans to attend Kent State Salem for a career in the STEM field. Her favorite quote by Mark Twain is “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

#2. Kenedy Vrable is the daughter of Julie and Nate Vrable. She participates in Pep Club, Spanish Club, Knitting Club, Science Club, Student Council, Key Club, and was on the 2018 Prom Court. She is also the 2019 class secretary. Kenedy was first team ITCL, first team all-district, defensive MVP, and first team OEAC, all in softball. She plans to attend YSU on a softball scholarship and major in business to become an accountant. Her favorite quote by Beverly Sills is “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

#3. Chloe Smith is the daughter of Kevin and Carrie Smith. She is the vice president of student council, the NHS secretary, and participated in Spanish Club, volleyball, basketball, and cheerleading. She received honorable mention in basketball ITCL, honorable mention in district volleyball, second team EOAC in both volleyball and basketball, and an academic letter freshman year. Chloe plans to attend YSU to become a dental hygienist. Her favorite quote by Dr. Seuss is “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”

#4. Logan Bell is the son of Charles and Alison Bell. He participated in football, baseball, basketball, Spanish Club, Science Club, student council, and NHS. He has been awarded academic all Ohio, 1st team quad county, 1st team Columbiana county, 2nd team EOAC, 2nd team all-district, team captain, Jim Tsilimos award, and was a 1000 yard passer ii football. For baseball he received the team hitting award, honorable mention all-ITCL, honorable mention all-district, team pitching award, 1st team ITCL, 1st team all-district, 1st team PBR all Ohio, broke career strikeout record, strikeout in a game record, season ERA record, career RBI record, and strikeout in a season record. Logan will attend the University of Akron to major in early childhood education and to play baseball. His favorite quote by Mike Trout is “You just have to want it more than anyone else.”

#5. Kyleen Culler is the daughter of Paul and Norma Welsh. She is a member of the marching band, pep band, Science Club, English Festival, Excel Club, Academic Challenge, and NHS. Kyleen plans to attend Ashland University for forensic biology in order to become a DNA analyst. Her favorite quote by Salvador Dali is “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”

#6. Reagan Emmerling is the daughter of Julie Mercer. She participates in cross country, Knitting Club, Spanish Club, NHS, Science Club, Academic Challenge, and English Festival. Reagan was on the Congress of Future Medical Leaders in 2016. She plans to attend George Mason University to major in pre-law to be a custody lawyer. Her favorite quote is “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, but it was high school.”

#6. Lindsi Welsh in the daughter of Chad and Candice Welsh. She is a member of Spanish Club, Science Club, NHS, English Festival, Health Careers Club and softball. Her favorite quote by Gandhi is “The future depends on what you do today.”

#7. Madison Ketchum is the daughter of Ritchie and Melinda Ketchum. She participates in dance line, Knitting Club, English Festival, and Spanish Club. Madison plans to attend Kent State University to be an x-ray technician and a sonographer. Her favorite quote is by Ronald Reagan, “There is no limit to the good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.”

#8. Karsyn Faulk is the daughter of Doug Faulk, Shane Dunn, and David Dunn. She is in NHS, Spanish Club, Science Club, Knitting Club, and is a tutor at McKinley. Karsyn will be graduating with honors. Her plans are to attend Kent State University where she will major in nursing. Her favorite quote is by Jim Elliot, “Wherever you are, be all there.”

#9. Emmelea Powell is the daughter of Holly and Robert Powell. She has participated in volleyball, Spanish Club, Science Club, Knitting Club, Key Club, Health Careers Club, Pep Club, and NHS. Emmelea is a tutor at McKinley, the co-editor of the school newspaper and editor of the yearbook. She plans to attend Ohio Valley College of Technology for nursing. Her favorite quote is “Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.”

#10. MacKenzie Brown is the daughter of Brian Brown and Patty Brown. She participates in marching band, pep band, honors band, Spanish Club, Art Club, Academic Challenge, FCA, and Just Say No Club. Mackenzie has been named Musician of the Year. She will be attending Olivet Nazarene University to major in music education with a Spanish intercultural studies minor. Her favorite quote is by Rupi Kaur, “You do not just wake up and become a butterfly, growth is a process.”