Wizard of Oz – Spring Musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wizard of Oz – Spring Musical

This year, the spring musical at DAHS was The Wizard of Oz. The director was new to us; her name is Mary Jo Bruinooge. The assistant director was Ms. Meredith Deichler, the Spanish teacher, and the music director was Mr. Scott Miller, the band director. The Wizard of Oz musical was very similar to the original movie.

Dorothy was played by Grace Beil, a freshman. She was semi-new to the stage here at school, she was in the chorus last year in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. The Scarecrow was played by Jackson Cornwell, another freshman. Jackson was not new to the stage, as he has participated in shows downtown at Stage Left and here at school. The Tin Man was played by Aaron Hinchliffe, also a freshman. Aaron has been in two previous shows here at David Anderson. The Cowardly Lion was played by Nick Angle, a senior. Nick has been on stage at Stage Left and at David Anderson for a few years. Lastly, the Wicked Witch/Miss Gulch was played by Cameron Rife. Cameron is a senior this year and is definitely not new to the stage. Also from Stage Left, Cameron has been in ten musicals and The Wizard of Oz is her big finale.

The students did a great job setting up the show and putting it all together. Definitely a musical for the books at David Anderson.