The Students' Voice

2018 Prom Court

The 2018 Prom Court has been revealed! The junior class voted and decided upon 12 of their peers to have the opportunity to be on court. The Prom Court consists of six boys and six girls and they are all very deserving of King and Queen.

Cadee Johnson currently attends Columbiana County Career and Technical Center.  She has participated on the basketball, volleyball and softball teams. Cadee is a member of the flag line, Just Say No Club, Student Council, Spanish Club and Health Career Club. She is also a member of the Lisbon First United Methodist Church and is presently employed with the Village of Lisbon.

Bergen Weyand is a two year member of the football, basketball and track teams.

Chloe Smith is a member of the volleyball and basketball teams, where she has received honorable mention for both sports in District and ITCL.  She is secretary of Student Council and treasurer of the Junior Class.  Chloe is a member of National Honor Society. Outside of school Chloe enjoys babysitting and dog walking.

Logan has been a member of the football, baseball team and basketball team.  He is a member of Student Council, Spanish Club, National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Science Club and Knitting Club. He is a Buckeye Boys State Delegate. Logan has received 1st team ITCL and 1st Team All District, 1st Team all-State PBR and Honorable Mention All American Perfect Game for baseball.  He plays for IVL Baseball.

Haley Toot has been a member of the varsity cheerleading squad for two years. She has participated in track, Pep Club, Spanish Club, Key Club, Academic Challenge, Just Say No Club and Student Council. When not in school, Haley volunteers at the Columbiana County Dog Pound and serves up ice cream at the Lisbon Dairy Queen.

Justin Sweeney is a three year varsity letter winner for football and basketball. He has reached the 1000 point mark for basketball during his junior year and was named 2nd team All Ohio, 1st team all EOAC, 1st team All County and 1st team NE District.  Justin also is member of the varsity baseball team.  He participated Spanish Club, Student Council, Science Club and Knitting Club. During the summer Justin is a lifeguard at the Lisbon Pool.

Kenedy Vrable has played three years of varsity softball.  She has been a football cheerleader and a basketball varsity cheerleader, where she is the 2019 Basketball Cheerleading Captain. She is a member of Spanish Club, Pep Club, Key Club, Student Council, Academic Challenge, Science Club and Knitting Club. Kenedy is the current secretary of the Junior Class.  She was the Sophomore Football Homecoming Attendant. In her spare time, Kenedy walks dogs at the Columbiana County Dog Pound, and she donates blood every 60 days to the Red Cross.  Kenedy has played travel softball for 7 years and has committed to Y.S.U. on an athletic scholarship.

Josh Entrikin is a member of National Honor Society, Key Club, Science Club and Academic Challenge. He has been a member of the golf team and the baseball team. Josh’s interests outside of school include tutoring, lifeguarding at the Lisbon Pool and volunteering for the Lisbon Baseball Softball Association.

Karsyn Faulk is a member of the volleyball team and cheerleading squad.  She is active in Science Club, Knitting Club and is a member of National Honor Society. Karsyn is a member of the Lisbon First United Methodist Church and works at Dunkin Donuts in Columbiana.

Seth Donaldson is a three year varsity letter winner for football and a two year varsity letter winner for baseball. He is a member of Mount Calvary Community Church in East Palestine, OH.

Hailee Carpenter has been a member of the volleyball team where she is 2nd team libero. She broke the record for most digs in a game and in a season.  She is also a member of the basketball team who won the district championship this year. She is a member of National Honor Society, Pep Club, Student Council, Spanish Club, Knitting Club and Science Club. When not in school Hailee is a lifeguard at the Lisbon Sadie Van Fossen Pool, works at the Dairy Queen, is a member of First Christian Church of Lisbon and participates in Kent State Junior Leadership Summit.

Brice Blackburn is a three year member of the football team and a one year member of the basketball team. He is the president of the Junior Class and the vice president of Student Council. Brice is also active in the community.  He is a member of the Junior Leadership Summit, volunteers for projects and fundraisers at the Lisbon Pool, volunteers at the Columbiana County Fair, is a member of First United Methodist Church and runs the scoreboard for the Lisbon Little Blue Devils.

Last year’s Queen is Eva DeRuyter. Eva is a member of National Honor Society, Art Club where she is currently the secretary, a member of Spanish Club, Health Careers Club holding the office of president, Key Club, Science Club and Student Council as treasurer.  She participated in cheerleading, cross country and track.  Eva was a 2015 Football Homecoming Attendant and 2018 Basketball Homecoming attendant. She was 2016-2017 Johnny Appleseed Festival 1st attendant and received the “Future Doctor” Award from NEO Med.  She is a member of LYFT youth group and Teen Advisory Board. Eva will be attending YSU in the fall to major in Biology, Pre-Med.

Last year’s king is Branson Brownfield. Branson is a member of the Academic Challenge Team, Science Club, Art Club, Student Council, and Key Club.  He lettered in golf and basketball and holds records in each sport.  He is the class vice president and National Honor Society vice president.  He is the Franklin B. Wallace Award recipient. Branson is a member of the LYFT youth group. Branson will be attending YSU in the fall to major in Chemical Engineering.

Congratulations to the 2018 Prom King, Brice Blackburn, and Prom Queen, Hailee Carpenter.