The student news site of Lisbon David Anderson High School

The Students' Voice

Hot Movies for Summer

There are many movies coming out for the summer of 2017, but a few of the best options are Cars 3 (June 16th), Transformers: The Last Knight (June 21st), and War for the Planet of the Apes (July 14th).

Cars 3 is an animated movie that will be released nationwide on June 16th. Owen Wilson (the voice of Lightning McQueen) will be playing the legendary racer. McQueen is blindsided by a whole new generation of racers. He’s not yet done and has to prove that he can win the Piston Cup. In the movie he trains harder and races better than he has in his whole career.

Transformers: The Last Knight will be released on June 21st. It is a sci-fi movie that has made a huge impact in the production industry years before. Heroes become villains and villains become heroes, and Optimus Prime is missing. Saving the world relies on hidden secrets in the past discovered by Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), Bumble Bee, and English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins), and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

War for the Planet of the Apes will be released on July 14th. Caesar and his kind are fighting endlessly in a war with the humans after being put in a deadly conflict between the two species. Caesar takes his instincts and uses them to fight the battle with the humans, whom is led by a ruthless colonel.

These movies are a mix of sci-fi and animation and will entertain every one of all ages. I recommend for everyone to go see them and to bring their friends and family.