The student news site of Lisbon David Anderson High School

The Students' Voice

DAHS Prom Court

The David Anderson Prom Court of 2017 was recently announced. The junior class has chosen five guys and five girls to be on court. This year there are ten very deserving students up for king and queen.

The first couple is Eva Deruyter and Jacob Mundy. Eva is a three year member of Mock Trial, and also is active in Student Council, Science Club, Spanish Club and the track team. She is the secretary of Art Club, treasurer of the Health Careers Club, and editor of the Key Club. Eva was first attendant of the Johnny Appleseed Court, cheers and volunteers at the Columbiana County Dog Pound. Eva is also on the teen advisory board at Lepper Library. Jacob is a three year member of the basketball, track, and cross country teams. He is also a member of Academic Challenge, Science Club, Art Club, Spanish Club, Key Club  and Student Council.  Jacob is a member of the National Honor Society and LYFT youth group.

The next couple is Shyanne Redziniak and Dougie Minor. Shyanne is a three year member of the Lisbon volleyball team and a member of the Science Club. She also participates in Art Club, Spanish Club and the Lisbon Blue Pride Marching Band in the flag line. Dougie is a three year member of the football, basketball, and track teams. He has received multiple awards this past year in football, such as First Team ITCL, honorable mention Quad County All Star, and voted best defensive back.

Next is Kimberley Simpach and Cameron Summers. Kimberley is a cheerleader and also a two year member of the basketball team and cross country team. Kimberly is also involved in Spanish Club and Pep Club. Cameron is a member of the football team and the baseball team. Cameron has received many awards for his athletic ability including All Area Football 2016, First Team ITCL football, First Team Quad County and Second Team ITCL baseball. He participates in Spanish Club and is a member of Greenford Christian Church, where he volunteers in the church’s coffee shop. He is a member of the National Honor Society and is also Junior Class President.

Then there is Samantha Tinsley and Seth Stokes. Samantha participates in Spanish Club, Science Club and Key Club. She is secretary of the Health Careers Club and a member of the National Honor Society. Samantha is also a member of the golf team and softball team, where she was selected First Team ITCL. She is a Buckeye Girls State delegate, HOBY Ambassador, a member of LYFT youth group and New Springfield Church of God. Seth is a three year member of the football, basketball, and track teams. He has won multiple awards for his athletic abilities including All State Track and third place at State in the high jump.

Lastly, is Lauren Todd and Branson Brownfield. Lauren is involved in Spanish Club, Science Club, Academic Challenge, Key Club as treasurer and Art Club as vice president. She plays for the volleyball team and Lisbon Blue Pride Marching Band, pep band and concert band. Lauren is also a member of the National Honor Society, Mock Trial, LYFT youth group and the New Lisbon Presbyterian Church. She was a HOBY Ambassador. Branson is a member of Science Club, Art Club as treasurer, National Honor Society, Class Up, Key Club, LYFT youth group, and Student Council vice president. He is also a Buckeye Boys State delegate and participates on the basketball and golf teams.

The 2017 Prom King is Branson Brownfield and Prom Queen is Eva DeRuyter. Congratulations to both of these students!