Mr. Snyder Newest Addition to Staff

Mr. Snyder is the newest addition to the DAHS teaching staff. He is teaching 6th grade math and language arts, along with 8th grade math. His first day of teaching was March 12, 2017. He took the place of Mrs. Snyder, who retired. Mr. Snyder grew up as a student in Lisbon Schools. He earned a degree in middle school education with a focus in math and language arts from Youngstown State University. He student taught at Austintown Middle School.

Mr. Snyder has always been involved with working with children. He tutored and read to students at McKinley and was a counselor at Camp Fitch, where he helped lead some activities. He was very involved with his church and the youth of his church. He helped organize and run the youth basketball camp. Mr. Snyder said, “Every one of those experiences made me realize how rewarding everyday could be if you work with children. Children everyday make you laugh, make you think and reward you in too many ways to count.” He also mentioned, “If you find a career you love, you’ll never work a day in your life. I was lucky enough to choose a career that I love.”

Teaching is Mr. Snyder’s dream job and he loves teaching at Lisbon. He is not new to the district. He has coached for Lisbon teams for many years. Mr. Snyder has always lived in Lisbon. He stated, “I love the town of Lisbon. There isn’t anything better in the world than being able to go back to the high school you graduated from and be able to teach there.” The staff has been extremely helpful and welcoming to him since his first day. Finally, Mr. Snyder said, “The students at Lisbon are second to none. That makes teaching everyday more fun than I could have ever imagined. I’ve always bled blue and white and I am blue and white until the day I retire.” Mr. Snyder will be a great addition to the DAHS staff and will continue having an enjoyable time here at Lisbon.