Honors and Builders Washington D.C. Trip

The Honors and Builders trip is for students who are in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. If the student is on the Honor Roll or Merit Roll, then they are qualified to go on a class trip. Each year the trip alternates between three different locations; Washington D.C., New York City, and Chicago. This year the trip is to Washington D.C.

A few of the Junior High teachers go as chaperones. The teachers plan events, such as dinners at various restaurants, musical productions, shopping time, free time in the cities, and the busing schedule. All the students are responsible for are packing, showing up, and having fun! They are taken by charter buses to their hotels, where they will keep their bags, next they hit the city and enjoy their weekend away from home!

This year the students will depart from DAHS on Thursday May 11th. They will return home Saturday night, the 13th, ready for bed with full tummies! Meals are included with the cost of the trip. They will be given various amounts of money from the chaperones, depending on where they are eating each meal. Once the trip is paid for the only other expense is spending money for your son or daughter when they hit the shops downtown.  This trip is a great experience for children. Getting away from home and being able to make decisions for themselves is an important thing for children to experience. I know that it helped me to become the person I am today. I loved the Honors and Builders trips!