ACT for all Juniors in Ohio

This year, juniors all around the state of Ohio will be required to take the ACT test free of charge. One of the most common questions asked is, “What is the ACT?” ACT stands for “American College Testing.” These tests help place students, and receive college admissions from different schools. The juniors were offered this test as a trial run for the state of Ohio. The test was taken on Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 and started at 8:00 am, and took approximately four hours to complete. The test has four basic parts: English, Mathematics, Science, and Reading.

Students were strongly recommended to get a good night’s sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, and show up to school on time. If a student did not show up on time, the other classmates were directed to start without that person. If a student was absent on their testing day, there will be a make-up day in order to complete their test.

In order to prepare for the ACT, students should take small tests online, take any ACT prep classes offered at their schools, or ask teachers to give them work to practice. Commonly, teachers give the students multiple packets with similar questions to those found on the ACT test. This helps the students improve their knowledge and also help them understand what will be happening on test day.