Basketball Homecoming Court

The 2017 DAHS Basketball Homecoming court has been announced. The court is comprised of 5 senior members. These 5 members in alphabetical order by first name are Alexa Bell, Aliyah Leyman, Courtney Tolson, Hailey McVay, and Julie Muntean. The retiring 2016 Queen, Sara Haren, will pass the crown to the new 2017 Queen. Congratulations to all of the ladies who were selected for the honor of being on court, and a special congratulations to the 2017 Basketball Homecoming Queen, Alexa Bell!

The first senior is Alexa Bell. Alexa is the daughter of Charles and Alison Bell. She is a four year participant in basketball and track. She also participated in AAU basketball throughout her four years at DAHS. Alexa belongs to several organizations and clubs. She participates in Student Council, Pep Club, and Science Club. Alexa is the Vice President of Spanish Club, Treasurer of National Honor Society, and Treasurer of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Alexa attends Old North Church in Canfield, Ohio. She attended Buckeye Girls State her junior year and was also on the 2016 Prom Court. She currently mentors students at McKinley Elementary. Alexa plans to attend Malone University in the fall to major in Early Childhood Education and K-12 Intervention.

Aliyah Leyman is the daughter of Tiffany Toot and the late John Leyman. She is involved in Art Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Pep Club, and Mock Trial. She has also participated in several school musicals over the years and had the lead role as Gabriella in the 2016 spring musical, High School Musical. Aliyah has blessed our district with her beautiful voice singing the national anthem at most of our school sporting events.

Aliyah plans to attend Cleveland State University in the fall majoring in psychology and criminology.

Courtney Tolson is the daughter of David and Becky Tolson. She participated in two years of volleyball and is a four year varsity letterman in cheerleading. She has been involved in several clubs and activities throughout her high school career. She has participated in Spanish Club for three years, Science Club for four years, and National Honor Society for two years, where she currently holds the office of secretary. Courtney was a 2016 Buckeye Girls State Delegate. She mentors students at McKinley Elementary. Also, the past two years she has been the president of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Courtney starred as Kelsi in the 2016 school musical, High School Musical. She was also a member of the 2016 Prom Court. She is part of the youth group called LYFT. Courtney plans to attend Toledo University next fall and major in Occupational Therapy.

Hailey McVay is the daughter of Dorena Haney. Hailey has participated in volleyball for four years and earned three varsity letters. She is a three year letterman of the varsity track team. She received second team ITCL for volleyball this past year and was a first place winner of the 2016 Beach Volleyball Tournament in Austintown, along with her partner Kimmi Wiggers. She was also a first place winner of the 2016 Beach Volleyball Tournament in Lisbon, along with her partner Chloe Smith.

Hailey has participated four years in Art Club, two years in Y-teens, Key Club, and Science Club. She is a one year member of Pep Club. Hailey is undecided for a college at this time, but plans on pursuing a career in nursing.

Julie Muntean is the daughter of Larry and Robin Muntean. She has participated as a four year varsity cheerleader, three year member of flagline, two year member of National Honor Society, a three year member of Science Club, a two year member of Spanish Club, a two year member of FCA, a two year member of Art Club and a four year member of Mock Trial. She holds the leadership positions of flagline captain, vice president of NHS, treasurer of the Science and Spanish Clubs, and secretary of FCA. She was also a Buckeye Girls State Delegate in 2016.

Julie attends New Lisbon Presbyterian Church and is a hostess at Shale Tavern and Grille. She also mentors students at McKinley Elementary in her spare time. Julie plans to attend Bowling Green and major in communications in the fall.

The new 2017 Basketball Homecoming Queen was crowned by the reigning 2016 Basketball Homecoming Queen, Sarah Haren.