Honors and Builders Chicago Trip

Honors and Builders Chicago Trip

It has become a tradition at David Anderson Junior High to reward students for good grades and behavior. The 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are rewarded for their hard work and achievements. This year students are going to Chicago May 12th – May 14th. They will be leaving the school at 6:45 am on May 12th and will return at approximately 10 pm on May 14th. The cost of the trip including meals is $441. The students are also allowed to bring their own spending money for extra food and shopping. Some students sold pepperoni rolls to help reduce the cost of the trip. The pepperoni rolls sold for $4.50 and each student got $2 per pepperoni roll sold.

The students will adventure around with their tour guides from 20th Century Tours. The students have a dress code and bus rules that they have to follow. The dress code requires that students must not wear shirts with pictures or inappropriate sayings, pants or shorts that do not button, zip, or snap, and no tank, crop, halter, or spaghetti-strap tops. Students will return to the hotel and in their rooms by approximately 10:45 pm every night and leave the hotel in the mornings at approximately 9am.

Activities included in the trip are going to the zoo, a museum or walk along Lake Michigan, the Millennium Park and Buckingham Fountain, the sky deck, going to Wrigley Field to watch the Chicago Cubs play the Pirates, a cruise and dinner, and the Navy Pier. All of this will stretch across a three day period. We wish all of the junior high students in Honors and Builders a safe and adventurous trip.