The Students' Voice

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Back to Article
Back to Article

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away… It actually was not that long ago and not that far away. On December 18, 2015 marked an important event for all Star Wars fans. For the force has returned!  Stars Wars: The Force Awakens is the new age of Star Wars. With new characters and a new story plot this movie is sure to thrill people of all ages. Whether you are new to Star Wars or you have already seen the originals, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is sure to please.

The original Star Wars were released in a different order than most people realize today. Movies 4, 5, and 6 came out before movies 1, 2, and 3. Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope was released on May 25, 1977, Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back was released on May 21, 1980, Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi was released on May 25th, 1983. The first Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace was released on May 19, 1999, Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones was released on May 16, 2002. The last Star Wars movie made by Lucas Films was released on May 19, 2005.Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the first Star Wars movie to be produced by Disney and had one of the biggest releases. Disney already has two more movies planned with release years ready and available but they are not releasing the names of the Star Wars movies yet. They have the second one planned to come out in the year 2017 and a third one to come out in the year 2019.

The original Star Wars featured the favorite Wookie named Chewbacca and the cute but deadly Ewok. It also featured Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Anakin, Yoda, Jar Jar Binks, and many more. The newly released movie features the children of several of these characters. These character include Kylo Ren, the son of Han Solo and Leia, Rey, the daughter of Luke Skywalker- the last remaining Jedi who has disappeared to an unknown location to protect everyone he cares about. It’s up to Rey, Poe, and Fin to find Luke Skywalker with the help of the droids B-B8, R2-D2, and CP3O.

In my opinion Star Wars: The Force Awakens is one of the best Star Wars movies that has been made. They incorporated parts and characters from the previous movies and found new ways to appeal to both the original Star Wars fans who have been watching Star Wars since they were kids and also to the new generation of kids who might not really like the original Star Wars. Out of all of the Star Wars movies they have made, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is my favorite and I recommend that you go and see it.