2016 Basketball Homecoming Court

This year for the 2016 Basketball Homecoming Court we have five very special girls and their escorts. Congratulations to all of the seniors who were selected for the honor of being on court, and a special congratulations to our 2016 Basketball Homecoming Queen, Sara Haren. The queen was announced at Friday’s homecoming basketball game and the entire court was honored at the homecoming dance on Saturday.

Sara Haren is the daughter of Gary and Kella Haren. Sara has participated in Cheerleading, Student Council, Science Club, Spanish Club, Key Club, Health Careers Club, Y-Teens, National Honor Society, Kent State University Credit Plus Program, and the school play. Sara also was a delegate for Buckeye Girl State and NEOMED med camp. She is a member of the Saint George Catholic Church and plans on attending Ohio State University to major in Biology-Pre Optomology. Her escort is Josh Craig, the son of Jason and Kara Craig.

Kayla Dickson is the daughter of Tracey Smith. Her escort is Josh Liberati who is the son of Tena and Lou Liberati. Kayla has participated in volleyball, basketball, Spanish Club, Science Club, Health Careers Club, Y-Teens, Pep Club, and the National Honor Society.

Haille Metzgar is the daughter of Chris and Scott Metzgar. She is being escorted by Trevor Reese, who is the son of Pamela and Matt Bricker and Brian Reese. Haille has participated in Science Club, Pep Club, Health Careers Club, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Softball, Y-Teens, and Computer Publications She is also the editor of the school yearbook. Haille plans on attending Ashland University to study nursing.

Leah Emmerling is the daughter of Paige and Nathan Beers. She is being escorted by Austin Rutecki, who is the son of Missy and Dave Rutecki. Leah has participated in Cheerleading, Student Council, Health Careers Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Y-Teens, Key Club, Volleyball, Senior to Sophomore program through Kent State University, YSU Summer Honor Institute, and the National Honor Society. She has also served as class president and is part of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Leah plans on attending Slippery Rock University majoring in Exercise Science or Biology Pre- Physician Assistant.

Hannah Hiscox is the daughter of Beth and TK Hiscox. Hannah’s escort is Avery Andric, the son of Doug and Mellisa Andric. Hannah has participated in Varsity Softball, Varsity Volleyball, Varsity Cheerleading, Basketball, Spanish Club, Science Club, Art Club, Y-Teens, Pep Club, Student Council President, Health Careers Club, and the National Honor Society. She is serving as the Class of 2016 secretary. Hannah was also a Buckeye Girl State delegate, football freshman attendant, a member of the New Lisbon Presbyterian Church, a Hugh O’Brian Youth leadership representative, and the 2015 prom queen. Hannah plans on attending Slippery Rock University to study Exercise Science Pre-Physical Therapy.

Congratulations again to the 2016 Basketball Homecoming Queen and her Court!