Top Ten

The top ten (well, twelve) out of fifty-six students in the 2015 graduating class are some of the best and brightest students here at Lisbon, and we will be sad to see them go. Read on to get to know these students and find out what they will be doing in their future endeavors.
#1 Jenna Bartholomew is the daughter of Phil and Cathy Bartholomew. Jenna plans to attend Bowling Green State University to major in Criminal Justice and then specialize in Forensic Investigations to pursue a job as a Forensic Investigation Specialist. During her time at DAHS, she has been awarded “All-Around Student” from the Challenge Program, Honor Roll, the AMVETS essay winner at regional and state level her sophomore year, and the Prom Queen her Junior year. She is a member of National Honors Society, Spanish and Science Club, the Yearbook Staff, and a McKinley tutor. Outside of school she participates in the Youth Group, LYFT, and works at Family Drug in Columbiana. Her favorite quote is “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” –Isaiah 30:21
#1 Landri Moore is the daughter of Susan Moore. Landri plans to attend the University of Mount Union to major in Financial Mathematics and minor in Business to pursue a job as an actuary. During her time at DAHS, she was selected to be a Buckeye Girls state delegate, on the Honor Roll, and a member of the Prom and Basketball Homecoming Court. She is the president of National Honors Society, a member of Science and Spanish Club, Mock Trial, the Yearbook Staff, the Varsity Volleyball team, and a McKinley tutor. Outside of school she participates in the Youth Group, LYFT, and works at Italo’s Pizza in Lisbon. Her favorite quote is “Write your troubles in sand and your blessings in stone.”
#1 Vanessa Restifo is the daughter of James and Cathy Restifo. Vanessa plans to attend Westminster College for Public Relations & Spanish to pursue a job as a PR Consultant/ Event Coordinator. During her time at DAHS, she has been awarded the Challenge Program STEM award, was the 2013 HOBY Ambassador, Buckeye Girls State Delegate, AMVETS Freedoms Foundation Ohio representative, and 2014-2015 Johnny Appleseed Festival Queen. She is the President of the Spanish Club, a member of the Science Club, Student Council President, Class of 2015 Secretary, Member of LYFT youth group, member of New Lisbon Presbyterian Church, National Honor Society, and is the Yearbook and Newspaper editor. Her favorite quote is “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
#2 Clay McCullough is the son of Rick and Becky McCullough. Clay plans to attend YSU and major in Chemical Engineering, he wants to pursue a job as a chemical engineer. During his time at DAHS, he was awarded an academic letter, Mock Trial team victory, Physics Olympics 1st place in the Hot Water event, and was on the honor roll. He is a member of Student Council, Mock Trial, and Science Club, is the 2015 Class President, Buckeye Boys State Delegate, McKinley Elementary Tutor, and National Honor Society Vice President. His favorite quote is “Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Always be batman.”
#3 Skylar Wiggers is the daughter of Mike Wiggers and Tracy Cox. She plans to attend Kent Salem and study Clinical Psychology; she wants to pursue a job in Research Psychology. During her time at DAHS, she was inducted into the National Honor Society and is a member of the Lisbon Ruritan. She is in Science Club, Spanish Club, Art Club, Y-Teens, Key Club, Marching Band, Pep Band, and Musical Theater. Her favorite quote is “Fairytales are more than true: Not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
#4 Quin Ferrier is the daughter of Amy Roessler and Masten Ferrier. She plans to attend Bowling Green University to pursue a career in Early Childhood Education or Special Education. During her time at DAHS she was on the Honor Roll and was inducted into the National Honor Society. Quin was also an office aid and a Mckinley Elementary Tutor. Her favorite quote is “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
#5 Michael Phillips is the son of Tammi Phillips and Michael Phillips. He plans to attend Youngstown State University and pursue a job in Computer Systems Engineering. During his time at DAHS he was 1st chair in the 2015 Honors Band, an English Festival essay finalist, Band Letterer, and was awarded an Academic Letter. He is a member of the Science Club, National Honor Society, Marching Band for 5 years, Concert Band for 6 years, Pep Band for 5 years, and he was a McKinley Tutor. His favorite quote is “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.”
#6 Maggie Burton is the daughter of Sandra Conn and Ralph Burton. She wants to become an Animal Control Officer. She is a member of Home Ec Club, Spanish Club, and was in a school musical. Her favorite quote is “One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time.”
#7 Logan Kress is the son of Jeff and Cathy Kress. He plans to attend The Community College of Beaver County and major in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Program. During his time at the DAHS he was a 4 year Academic Letterman, Honorable Mention ITCL Golf, and a member of the National Honor Society. He was a 3 year golf letterman, 2 year varsity track letterman, Junior/Senior class vice president, LYFT youth group member, Student Council member, and a McKinley Elementary 1st grade tutor, and enjoys to go hunting and fishing. His favorite quote is “Today I will do what others won’t so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”
#8 David Stryffeler is the son of Jill Stryffeler. He plans to attend Miami University and study Mechanical Engineering. During his time at DAHS he was a varsity letter winner for his sophomore, junior and senior years. He was also a varsity letter winner for track his sophomore, junior and senior year, he was awarded Cross Country first team all-county, and Cross Country boys team county champs. He ran Cross Country and Track, he was in the Science Club, Spanish Club, Chess Club, National Honor Society, and Academic Challenge. His favorite quote is “Run towards what scares you, unless it’s a bear, don’t run towards a bear.”
#9 Noah Sturgeon is the son of Melissa and Aaron Sturgeon. He plans to attend YSU, and he wants to pursue a job in History, Government, Law, or Psychology. He was a Cross Country letterman, Marching Band letterman, Buckeye Boys State Delegate, and was inducted into the National Honor Society. He was also awarded with the Blue Devil Award/Honorable Mention in 2012. He was in the National Honor Society, Lyft youth group, Karate for 12 years, Science Club, Concert Band, Cross Country 9th and 10th grade, marching band 9th and 10th grade. He works at Lisbon Mcdonalds and he likes to hunt and fish. His favorite quote is “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
#10 Kyrstan Rose is the daughter of Brad Rose and Joni Rose. She plans to attend Ohio University and major in Biochemistry. During her time at DAHS she was inducted into the National Honor Society and is an Honor Graduate. She played softball and she was in the National Honor Society, Mock trial, Pep Club, and she was also a McKinley Elementary Tutor.