Editor’s Farewell

Editor's Farewell

As my days here at DAHS rapidly draw to a close and my time as editor comes to an end, I have just a few things left to say.
To my class: Let’s face it, we have gotten the short end of every stick since 5th grade. But you know what? We have become stronger because of it. I am proud of our class, and the way we have handled every obstacle thrown our way. We did not approach anything with entitlement, or the belief that we deserved it. From the very beginning we knew that respect had to be earned, and we fought to earn it for ourselves, just as we worked to earn everything we have. We entered high school as quiet, nervous freshmen that soon grew into sophomores who thought they had this whole high school thing figured out; eventually we became upperclassmen and in the blink of an eye we were seniors, grasping desperately at the moments as they sped by. Our last homecoming, last football game, last prom… The list goes on, but the wonderful memories will always be there.
Class of 2015, we did it. For the last 12+ years we have been together, growing from friendship into the family that we are today. We have built bonds that time won’t break, and as we go our separate ways, I am confident that our friendships will endure. I am proud to say that I was a part of the class of 2015, the best class Lisbon DAHS has ever seen- if I do say so myself!
To my teachers: Thank you. For every moment outside of class that you made yourselves available for extra help or even just to talk. For every encouraging word that you have spoken- you never know the inspiration that can come from a simple act of kindness. Thank you for the time and effort that you put into your job to make the material more interesting and easier to learn. As students, we often forget that you have homework, too. This school district is blessed to have so many dedicated teachers, from kindergarten all the way up to high school, and I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to be taught by some of the best. Many of my most memorable “lessons” come from the moments when we were off-topic and have nothing to do with any school subject at all.
And to Mrs. Cappuzzello: Stressful as this year has been, we made it through, with a great yearbook and newspaper to show for it. I just want to thank you for your dedication and attention to detail, and for always keeping me on track even when senioritis hit pretty hard and my motivation went out the window! After all, you were the one who gave me the position as Editor in the first place, and for the past two years it’s been an honor to make this newspaper my own.