Blue Devils Track

The boys and girls track teams are working really hard to have a great season. The runners are coached by Kyle Bing, Cara Nyardy, and Joe Morenz. The throwers are coached by Dom Defilippo. Both the boys and girls lost some key runners from last year, but also have gained a few freshmen that will help take their place.
Freshman Eva Deruyter is a very hard worker and it shows by her statistics. At the East Palestine and Southern Local meet she won both the 100 and 200 meter dash as well as taking 2nd in the 300 meter hurdles and 3rd in the 100 meter hurdles.
Junior Emily Steves takes a lot of pride in running both hurdle events. She won the 100 meter hurdles at the East Palestine and Southern Local meet and also took third in the 300 meter hurdles.
Junior Sam Rhodes is working hard to excel in discus. She won discus at the East Palestine meet.
Sophomores Alexa Bell and Lindsay Chludzinski take a lot of pride in track. They are both great team players and they go the extra mile to be great. Alexa was 3rd in both the two mile and the 800 meter run. Lindsay was 2nd in the two mile and 2nd in the 800 meter run.
For the boys, junior Cody Freeland has worked hard to become a top performer in hurdles. He finished first in the 110 meter hurdles and 2nd in the 300 meter hurdles, falling to his teammate Seth Davis who took first. Seth also came in 2nd in the 200 meter dash.
Senior David Stryffler works hard in the distance events taking first in both the mile and the 800 meter run. Junior Mark McGuire was right behind him taking 2nd in the mile. Freshman BJ Dickson works hard to keep up with the upperclassmen, and he took 3rd in the mile.
Junior Jared White is new to track this year, and is one of the top performers in the area in the 400 meter dash. He has taken first in a couple of meets already, and he will go far if he keeps working hard.
Freshman Jacob Mundy is excelling as an underclassmen, taking 2nd in the 800 meter run.
Junior Trevor Reese has worked hard to become a top high jumper as he took 2nd in high jump. He also runs the 400 well, placing 3rd.
The track teams have a good start to the season and hope to keep improving as the season continues.