Informal Basketball Homecoming Dance

Informal Basketball Homecoming Dance

The average homecoming and prom dress cost between two hundred and seven hundred dollars without accessories. Accessories alone are an expense, costing you at least a hundred dollars, if not more. Having three formal dances is too expensive for students. The Football Homecoming dance is good because it is the first big event of the year. After that, we have Basketball Homecoming in January and Prom in May. Prom is the biggest dance that everyone looks forward to attending. The problem is that everyone spends way too much on a dress, tux, shoes, flowers, etc. and it becomes too costly when you are just recovering from homecoming expenses.

I think we should make Basketball Homecoming an informal dance, similar to a sock-hop. Having Basketball Homecoming informal would bring more students to the dance since not everyone likes to dress up and not every family can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on dresses in a year. Students would save money because they could wear casual clothes. I think more students would attend because they would not have to worry if they looked fancy enough or if they spent enough money.

Having an informal dance would benefit everyone. Students would be more free to dance because girls would not be worrying that their fancy hairdos are coming undone and guys would not be uncomfortable in their stuffy dress pants and shirts. More students would come to the dance and it would bring more students together. Dances should not be about how much money you spend; it’s about having a good time and making memories with friends.