The Class of 2014 Top Ten Students

The top ten (well, eleven) students in the 2014 graduating class are some of the best and brightest students here at Lisbon, and we will be sad to see them go.  Read on to get to know these students and find out what they will be doing next.

#1 Brandon Haldiman is the son of Janette Petro and Raymond Householder of Lisbon, Ohio and Adam Haldiman and Tracy Haldiman of Twinsburg, Ohio. He plans to attend Youngstown State University to major in Chemical Engineering. He is the recipient of the Trustees scholarship from Youngstown State University. He participated in many activities in school. These include four varsity letters in track, and participated two years in track. He is a three year member of the Mock Trial team. He is also a four year member of the Academic Challenge team, where his team earned second in the county his junior year. He is a one year member of Spanish Club and Science Club, and  is currently the treasurer of Y-Teens.  Brandon has earned thirty college credit hours through the Senior to Sophomore program at Kent Salem in the past two years. He has been a peer tutor and mentors young children from McKinley Elementary. He has been in National Honors Society for two years and was part of the ADAPT Coalition his freshman year. In his spare time, Brandon helps the community by cutting, splitting and delivering wood to needy families so that they may stay warm through the winter.

#1 Holly Graham is the daughter of Bob and Kim Graham of Lisbon.  She plans to attend Kent State University.  She is the recipient of the Trustee Scholarship, the Honors Scholarship and the AMVETS Scholarship.  Some of the activities she participated in while in high school are Cross Country, Track, Marching Band, Pep Band, Concert Band, Science Club, Spanish Club, Key Club and National Honor Society.

#2 Lucas Tolson is the son of David Tolson and Rebecca Tolson of Lisbon. He plans to attend Kent State Salem to major in Criminal Justice. He is the recipient of scholarships from the Elks of Salem and Home Savings & Loan. Some of the activities he participated in while in high school are the school musicals, Science Club, Academic Challenge, and golf.

#3 Jagr Groubert is the son of Gary and Vanessa Groubert.  He plans to attend Slippery Rock University to major in Rehabilitative Sciences.  He is the recipient of the Elks Scholarship.  Some of the activities he participated in while in high school are Academic Challenge, Mock Trial, Class President, Football, Baseball, Pep Club President, Student Council President, National Honor Society, McKinley Elementary School Tutoring and Physics Olympics.

#4 Alexis Summers is the daughter of George and Stephanie Summers of Lisbon.  She plans to attend Kent State Salem to obtain a BSN in Nursing and then will attend graduate school to earn a Masters Degree in Nurse Anesthesia.  Some of the activities she participated in while in high school are National Honor Society, a 4 year member of the Varsity Volleyball Team, Key Club, Spanish Club, Science Club, Health and Careers Club, and Home Economics Club.  She was selected as 2012 HOBY representative, selected as 2013 Buckeye Girls State Delegate, member of the 2013 Prom Court and was the 2014 Basketball Homecoming Queen.

#5 Alexa Achberger is the daughter of Troy and Denise Achberger of Lisbon.  She plans to attend Xavier University to major in Psychology.  She is the recipient of the Deans Award and Muskie Grant Scholarships.  Some of the activities she participated in while in high school are Marching Band, Concert Band, Pep Band, Key Club and Student Council.  She was also the 2012 Football Homecoming Queen and a member of the Prom Court and the Basketball Court.

#6 Tiffany Bowen is the daughter of Dorothy Thompson of Lisbon and Adam Bowen of Madisonville, Louisiana.  She plans to attend Kent State University Salem Campus to major in nursing.  Some of the activities she participated in while in high school are National Honor Society, Health Careers Club, Key Club, Spanish Club and Science Club.  Over her summer, she volunteered her time at Salem Community Hospital.  She also volunteers her time in helping with Red Cross blood drives.

#7 Jacob Jarome is the son of Phillip and Victoria Jarome of Lisbon. He plans to attend Youngstown State University to major in Mechanical Engineering. Some of the activities he participated in while in high school are Football, Track, Chess Club, and Physics Olympics.

#8 Mileena Cook is the daughter of Eric and Carrie Cook of Lisbon.  She plans to attend The Ohio University to major in Nursing.  Some of the activities she participated in while in high school are Vice President of NHS, Student Council, Spanish Club, Science Club, Varsity Cheerleading, Home Economics Club, Health Careers Club and member of the 2013 Prom Court.

#9 Thomas Kibler is the son of Don and Kris Kibler of Lisbon.  He plans to attend Youngstown State University to major in Chemical Engineering and Business Administration.  He is the recipient of the YSU Dean’s Scholarship and the American Legion Buckeye Boys State Scholarship.  Some of the activities he participated in while attending high school are Marching Band, Pep Band, Concert Band, the bassist in the cover band “On Being Frank”, member of LYFT youth organization, Academic Challenge, Mock Trial, music tutor for the Jr. High Band students (through NHS), actor in the Stage Left Community Playhouse Productions, Medal Winners group in the 2014 Physics Olympics, performer in the Lisbon Music Study Club Spring Concerts, participant in the upcoming Lisbon Alumni Band and Minstrel show for the All-Class Reunion, member of the “After school high school choir”. He is also a member of the Science Club and participant in the Relay for Life Cancer Foundations “Walk for a Cure”.

#10 Sebastian Baddeley

Sebastian is the son of Tracy Wegendt of Lisbon. Sebastian is a member of the Health Academy Class at CCCTC. He has been accepted and will be attending the CCCTC Adult Education LPN Program. He currently works for Community Home Health in Calcutta.