DAHS Production of Cinderella

In case anybody missed it, the eighth and ninth of March were filled with magic as the Lisbon Drama Department put on Roger and Hammerstein’s Cinderella.

The cast suffered several setbacks during the production-from the multitude of snow days preventing more rehearsal dates, to the cancellation of the March 8th showing, and the absence of many key cast members for extended periods of time; but, the cast pulled together to put on a great performance of the classic musical.

Junior Skylar Wiggers enchanted audiences in the musical’s title role, reprising another iconic role once played by Julie Andrews. In the role of her evil stepmother was sophomore Kaitlyn Gorby, who terrified the audience in the best possible way. Sophomores Aliyah Leyman and Braeden Weyand were her evil stepsisters, playing the roles with the hilarity and irritability that the roles demand. Chris Dantona, a junior at DAHS, played the role of the Prince. Despite the character’s utter lack of an actual name, Dantona played the role with an incredible amount of justice. Karina Pasholka, an Ukranian exchange student, cast a spell on the audience with her portrayal of the Fairy Godmother. Her excitement shone through every scene she was in, and she added an extra dose of fun to the entire performance. In the roles of his parents, the King and the Queen, were junior Alyssa Gresh and sophomore Jamie Vaughn.

Additional cast members included Lucas Tolson, Andrea Belden, Cami Freeland, Kaleb Pickens, and Brittney Haynes. Chorus members backing everyone up were Thomas Bleakney, Catelynn Frantz, Maddie Freeman, Lindsey Haynes, Cadee Johnson, Jayda McCormick, Sevanna Sheilds, Haley Toot, and Doug Tyson.

In such a short time, the Lisbon Drama Department overcame the obstacles and put on a wonderful show.